Pages

Thursday, July 30, 2009


I had a lot of photos of Bruno that I wanted to scrap, but I didn't want to do a ton of layouts that were similar so I got the idea to make a mini album on a layout. I chose six of my favorite photos of the two of us for the layout. I used my absolute favorite for the cover and then I created a mini album with the rest. To make the mini album I cut card stock to mat all the photos. I left an extra half an inch on the side of the mat to bind the mini album. I used the Martha Stewart Bone Folder to score along the spine so the mini album would open easily. Then I covered the spine in ribbon and used 4 brads to hold the mini album together. All in all I am happy with the effect.

The scalloped border on this layout was stitched using a Bazzill Stitching border template. I did my best to make a square and line up the template so that it met end to end. Then I poked the holes and stitched using blue thread so the color would stand out. It took awhile but it was very worth it. The "stitching" between the squares of the quilt are actually drawn on with black pen. Next time I do that I will draw them on before I adhere everything else over the squares. It made it a little tricky.

I cut the large flourish using my Bosskut Gazelle. Then I added dots of stickles all over it to make is glimmer.

All the supplies for this layout (except the flourish, brads, and stickles) were from the July Mosh Posh kit.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. HI Cassie !! I popped over from SB.com and the Hanukah swap.

    I love this page! Your baby is so cute! Great ideas all over this LO. I don't know which I want to CASE first - probably the stitching of the scalloped border - or maybe the faux stitching on the "quilt" or maybe the quilt idea.

    I haven't made a mini album in a page in ages - thanks for "reminding me" about making one but when I made one it didn't look so pretty - LOL - I love the ribbon binding and the little bow.

    Thanks so much for sharing this!!
    Andrea
    (ekip2 at sb.com)

    ReplyDelete