Pages

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Brown Orange and Teal

I am pretty behind with this post, but awhile back at Frosted Designs we were tasked with making a project in brown, orange and teal ONLY!  I love that color combination so I was really excited to work on this challenge.  Well at least I was until I realized that while I had tons of paper with those colors, I didn't have any with ONLY those colors.  That was when I had a mini panic attack for like a minute.  Once it was over I breathed deeply and realized "Hey I can make my own patterned paper out of cardstock!"  My first project was a layout. 

I found a few different sheets of card stock in my desired colors and got out my stamps and ink pads.  I used stamps on several of the papers and on a few I broke out my Cuttlebug and the embossing folders and embossed a few and then inked the raised portions of the paper.  It was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed getting to play around and create my own design.  Once I was done I moved on to a card.

 
Once again I used plain cardstock for all of this and added stamping.  The blue and brown swirly paper actually started as white cardstock.  I saturated it in turquoise Glimmer Mist and then put down a glimmer screen and layered on tattered leather Glimmer Mist.  I really love the effect it gave. 

No comments:

Post a Comment