Pages

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Sketchy fun!

Over at Frosted Design we try to give you a little bit of inspiration every month in the form of a sketch.  This month Meg, one of the site creators and moderators, came up with this awesome sketch.



She was going for a quilted look on the background which I totally love!  I was really excited about this sketch and I had a lot of fun creating a layout to go with it. 

As usual my layout tend to go in a slightly different direction then when I start them.  I was planning on the blocking of the background, but I wanted to use lacing on this without actually lacing all the blocks together (that would just have taken WAY too much time).  So I got the idea to make the background look like a quilt that was in need of a little repair and that had been haphazardly reconnected in places.  The rest of the layout took on a life of its own after that.  I used Basic Grey Marrakech and lots of Distress ink for this layout.  The alpha stickers are Thickers as is the jouranling spot. 

2 comments:

  1. I loved your take on this. So funky and fun!! And as a Coloradoan I'm a little partial :) Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this layout, probably cause I've been there and I love the paper!

    ReplyDelete