Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Eyelets

So I am a little late again this week, but this week at Frosted Designs our challenge was to use eyelets on a project.  I rarely use eyelets so this was a challenge for me.  I like eyelets, but my dog is TERRIFIED of my eyelet setter.  He won't stay in the house if I am using it and most of the time I just don't want to torture the poor little guy!  This week I made him brave the noise and made the following two cards.


This first one I had so much fun making!  I actually designed the white distressed paper.  It started out as white cardstock.  It was SUPER fun and check back later for a tutorial on how to do it.  I used plain cardstock for all the layers and I just added lots of inking, stamping and misting.  I used Stampin' up stamps, Prima stamps, Black Soot Distress Ink, Broken China Distress Ink, Tim Holtz Weathered Wood Distress Embossing Powder, Turquoise Glimmer Mist and Graphite Glimmer Mist.  Of course don't forget the eyelets!  They make a great anchor for the corners of the focal point on the card.

Next was this card I just had TONS of fun with.  I have been wanting to really break out of my comfort zone and try some new styles and I think I did a little with this card.

I used a Tim Holtz stamp, woodless artist colored pencils, eyelets, a Basic Grey Chipboard frame, Black Soot Distress Ink, Smooch Pool Ink, a Tim Holtz Mask, Tim Holtz Black Soot Crackle paint, Black Diamond Stickles, and Turquoise Stickles.

No comments:

Post a Comment