Pages

Monday, March 15, 2010

A sketch and some stamping!

I am behind on blogging again.  First I did my first sketch!  OK so I am not too proud of it cause in all honestly it is pretty simple.  I just didn't have the program/s or knowledge to create a better one.  I plan on learning some more about sketching in the future.  Anyway I did this sketch for the wonderful ladies at Frosted Designs. 
And here is my take on my own sketch.  I had a lot of fun with this lo.  I loved this photo of my dad and my husband at the park, but there was a HUGE space between them without much of anything in the middle.  I printed the photo in 5x7, trimmed it to 4 inches tall and then ripped about a 2 inch chunk out of the middle and laced up the two sides.  I am really happy with the effect.  On top of that there is lots of paint and glimmer mist on this lo. 

Also this past week at Frosted Designs our challenge was to use stamps to create a background on a project.  I used some Scenic Route Stamps to create a birthday card for my brother in law.  I also used a Copic marker for all the coloring.  I am really starting to fall hard for those markers which is a dangerous prospect since they aren't cheap! 

1 comment:

  1. Loved your sketch.. it was a challenge for me but I love the way my final LO turned out! Thanks for doing the sketch for us! And I love what you did with the photo of your husband and dad... the lacing looks fab!
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete